Well it’s about time, right? I’ve been swamped lately, but thankfully, persuaded one very important person to come on full time with me on this crazy train that is Allison Development Group. Some of you already know her, but I thought it would be fun to have you really get to know the newest addition to ADG with a little Q&A. I asked the questions and while some of her answers are clearly sucking up to me, I LOVE them!
Get to know (and follow!) Autumn Thompson:
1. Where are you from? I was born in Miami, FL but moved to North Carolina when I was two. My parents were from the original hippy movement and they bought a farm to live off the land. OK, it was a commune. We moved to Hendersonville when I was 6 because they weren’t really good at the whole thing.
2. What is something about you that would surprise people? I’m married to my high school sweetheart (20 years). I used to race motorcycles. I had a street bike. I’ve run two marathons. I love to shoot. I’ve been in a mosh pit. I love to fish. I watch Jersey Shore. I have a massive shoe collection. (She’s right about that last one; awesome shoes come through this office on a regular basis!)
3. What excites you most about working at ADG? I have always loved the entrepreneur spirit. People who can take their dream and make it a reality is something to be admired. Erica is the epitome of an entrepreneur and she loves helping others realize their business potential. I’m excited to work with her because she is wickedly smart and I hope some of her knowledge will rub off on me.
4. What scares the heck out of you about working at ADG? 🙂 Making a unfixable mistake. And the steep steps to the office can be tricky in heels.
5. What do you do in your free time? Umm….what is free time? I’m working on my Master’s Degree. Kidding….in my spare moments I enjoy reading. But, with a seven year old who shares my love for books that usually means reading to her. We just finished books about Amelia Earhart and the Wright Brothers. See the theme?
6. If you could be doing anything at all with your life, what would it be? I would own a beach resort. No shoes, no shirt, no problem.
7. What is your new title here at ADG? – Surprise: You’re creating your own!!! I thought I was the Marketing Assistant, but I have moved up in the world! Chaos Tamer? (Yes! She nailed it!)
8. What is your favorite ‘tool’ on social media? I love Hootsuite because I can look at so much at one time. (Um, she’s downplaying her role here a bit…she manages three different client accounts with that little owly thingy.)
10. Favorite music/playlist on Spotify? I enjoy all music! For work, the best playlist is the ‘80s. I’m a huge Jimi Hendrix fan but save that for Friday afternoons.
And that, dear friends, is Autumn Thompson…Chaos Tamer here at ADG and someone you should get to know! Rock on.