Here it is…my first post on my first blog. Wow. Since we’re just getting to know one another, let me share with you my goals and my guidelines. My goals are to keep you entertained, share info to enlighten, and ‘hook’ you in so that you keep coming back…or at least check in from time to time. My guidelines are pretty simple and outlined below: what I’ll write about and what I’ll not write about. I’m glad you’re here and above all else, I want this to be a fun discussion for all of us. Let me know what you think!
Here’s what I’ll write about:
- Social Media—it has the power to get so many worked up and tuned out. I find it fascinating. As someone who didn’t own a cell phone until grad school and even then, it looked like something that an ‘Angel’ might have had in her car (Charlie’s Angels, and they were called ‘car phones’), I’ve come a long way in a short time. You can now follow me on twitter, like me on facebook, and network with me on LinkedIn. Crazy.
- Marketing and Advertising—especially fun, innovative and effective techniques. I’m a billboard junkie and within 10 seconds will know whether they ‘hit’ or ‘miss’.
- Food, wine and music—I really like them.
- Integrating family and entrepreneurism—We’ll de-bunk that myth of ‘balance’.
- Fashion—yes, you read that right.
- Books—I did read them at one time. I’m hoping to do it again…soon.
What I’ll not write about:
- My clients.
- My pitches—unless they were truly brilliant, but even then, you don’t want to know.
- Politics—did you know that I actually have not 1, but 2 degrees in this ‘science’? Result: I am prone to evaluate all campaigns…their ads, their strategy, their marketing and their people. It really doesn’t matter at what level; if I see ‘em, they will hook me. So, to remain friends with folks who may be the candidate, running a campaign for a candidate, working on a campaign for or voting for a candidate (I think that covers it), I’ll avoid this topic. You can catch my rants in the car or at home.
So, stay tuned and let’s talk. And as a recovering facilitator, let me offer these ground rules: Keep it clean. No name calling. Stay on topic. And please, turn off your cell phones. Or at least put them on vibrate….